In between milk poured in a kitchen drawer and alphabet beads waterfalling down the stairs, we managed a Christmas craft today. Crafting amid the chaos calls for simple ideas! You’ll love this!
- a stencil—I used a Christmas tree I traced from a simple printable onto a shirt box and cut out.
- Crayons or colored pencils (markers or paint, if you’re brave.) (I’m not)
- Musical sheets—I bought an old hymnal at the library book sale for fifty cents.
- Ribbon or yarn
1. Tear some pages out of the hymnal.
2. For younger children or those needing help on fine motor skills, I taped the pages to the table and then the stencil on top to the table.
3. I laid out only greens and yellow because I really wanted this to be a little matchy. Three still managed to be creative in her coloring choices though.
4. Let them color as many as they want.
5. I laid out yarn across my dining room table and taped the backs to the yarn across the title of the hymn.
6. Then Ten and I taped them to the wall. I had the idea to make a Christmas tree shape with several swags of these, but we ran out of oomphs.
7. Stand back and be proud.